People have accumulated herbal treatment experience for centuries. Phytotherapy also gives excellent results in skin care. More and more women are abandoning expensive cosmetics and switching to homemade beauty products that are made by hand using only natural ingredients. Folk remedies derived from the herbs for wrinkles are a great alternative to beauty treatments in salons and clinics.
The healing effect of herbs
Herbal cosmetics contain most of the minerals, organic acids, and other elements needed for the full function of the epithelial tissues.
Beauticians divided the herbs into groups based on skin type and problems. Traditional medicine knows more than 2, 000 varieties of herbs, and 20 products are used in home medicine, including:
- nettle, plantain, mint are more suitable for oily skin;
- thyme, oregano, marigold are best used by women with dry surfaces;
- parsley, dandelion, celandine have whitening properties;
- soothes, relieves inflammation, helps in oak bark, chamomile, calendula or string;
- rosemary sage gets rid of wrinkles around the eyes, around the mouth, wrinkles on the forehead;
- linden, St. John's wort helps to narrow pores, tones the epidermis, removes oily light;
- reviews of seaweed for facial rejuvenation - sea grass, praise the unique effect on the skin.
Rules for use at home
Infusions and decoctions of herbs can save the skin from many defects and premature aging. In order for the result to be as effective as possible, a number of rules must be followed for their use at home, as well as knowledge of the characteristics of a particular recipe. First, before practical application, it is important to become familiar with the basics of phytocosmetology.
Basic recommendations for using herbs:
- Herbs can be used on the face in several ways: add to masks, daily washes, rubs or body lotions, make cosmetic ice.
- The first thing to check for an allergic reaction is a small area of skin on your arm, and only after making sure it is not present should apply the product to your face.
- If you have a favorite homemade mask, it can be easily repaired by replacing the liquid ingredient (milk, juice) with an herbal decoction.
- After a cure of 10-15 herbal masks, take a short break and then change the composition of the product so that the skin does not "get used to".
- If the plants are collected on their own, they cannot even be dried, they can be used fresh.
- It is best to apply each recipe immediately or a few hours after preparation.
- It is better to use glass or ceramic containers to store cosmetics.
- If there are fresh scratches on the face, pimples, inflammation, scars, or traces of recent plastic surgery, it is better to postpone the procedure with herbs.
- It is possible to store the collected plants for two years in a dry place, inaccessible to sunlight.
Resist any herbal mask on your face for no more than 30 minutes. Because like all useful plants, it is biologically active for only half an hour.
Regular use of folk beauty recipes will help you achieve great results. So it is worth using masks for oily skin twice a week and once for dry skin. For prevention, it is enough to make an herbal mask once every ten days.
Benefits of medical cosmetics
The contribution of plants to skin rejuvenation is enormous. A number of factors contribute to this:
- the naturalness and environmental friendliness of the ingredients;
- deep effect of masks, decoctions;
- the richness, the variety of plants allows you to choose the right recipe for any type;
- slows down aging, intensely hydrates, gives flexibility, gives a healthy color, is possible without fear for the health of the body, avoiding irritation, inflammation;
- Herbs are 100% absorbed by cells, unlike cosmetics that contain chemical ingredients.
The second name of this herb is oregano for the youth. The plant contains biologically active substances, essential oil, ascorbic acid. Oregano cleanses, refreshes the facial skin, smoothes wrinkles, relieves inflammation. The plant stimulates the production of collagen, a protein responsible for the elasticity of the skin. Oregano is a good disinfectant, so its decoction is used for acne, microcracks or wounds.
Recipes for anti-aging skin:
- Pour 10 g of oregano with 400 ml of boiling water, cook in a water bath for 10 minutes. Cool, filter. Use the liquid as a thermal water, tonic, cleanser.
- To 50 ml of the decoction prepared according to the above recipe add 5 ml of grape oil and 8 drops of vitamin A. The liquid is poured into ice molds and frozen. In the evening, wipe the skin with cubes.
- Pour 5 g of crushed oregano with 100 ml of alcohol. Infuse the mixture for 2 weeks in a dark place. This drug treats inflammation and acne, enriches with antiseptic ointments or tonics. It is not used in its pure form.
- Mix 5 ml of oregano infusion (recipe above), 50 ml of chamomile decoction, 4 drops of sandalwood essential oil. Wipe your face with tonic in the morning and evening. Relieves inflammation, whitens the skin, strengthens thin blood vessels.
When to use and contraindications
Herbs can be used to overcome deficiencies:
- inflammation, acne;
- multiple age spots;
- formation of new wrinkles;
- excessive dryness, peeling of the skin
- allergic reactions, itching, redness;
- bloating, blueness around the eyes;
- oily, pale color of the epidermis.
There are several contraindications to the use of herbal cosmetics:
- individual allergy to the drug;
- diseases of the circulatory system, oncology;
- postoperative condition (presence of fresh wounds).
Herbs against mimic wrinkles
In the fight against the signs of skin aging, the desired effect can be achieved by washing with daily herbal infusions.
In addition, washing can achieve several results at once:
- cleaning of sweat and sebum, dust and dirt particles;
- removes acne, relieves inflammation, narrows pores;
- tones the skin.
What you need to know about making and using tonic for washing:
- make a product on water or alcohol: water tonic is stored for up to two days, alcohol for up to two weeks;
- use herbs: chamomile, sage, parsley, celandine; nettle, St. John's wort, green tea;
- natural vegetable juices - aloe, citrus, cucumber;
- the tonic does not need to be washed off;
- use the medicine every day in the evening and in the morning.
Recipes that restore the youth and beauty of the face
The linden-based tonic helps to cleanse and replenish the water balance of the cells. You need 2 tablespoons. flowers, pour 250 ml of boiling water, cover the container, filter after half an hour. Wipe skin in the morning and evening.
Use only 1 tsp to clean oily skin. herbal complex (marigold, cornflower, violet) and 1 tbsp. chamomile, which pour boiling water (0, 5 l). The next day, we clear the problem areas by cooking. The device removes impurities, refreshes the skin.
The mask of aloe juice and oatmeal helps to get rid of wrinkles around the eyes. Mix the ingredients in a 2: 1 ratio, apply the mixture in a thin layer for 10 minutes. Remove the rest with a cotton swab.
Another proven version of the rejuvenating mask is made from nettle leaf mud, St. collection for 0, 5 l of liquid. Infuse the product for about 3 hours, crush to a homogeneous consistency (if possible), then spread the mass on cleansed skin. Wash off the residue after half an hour.
To restore a healthy glow, the elasticity of the epidermis helps in the mask of peppermint and green tea (1 tablespoon of each ingredient). Pour boiling water over the mixture for a while. Then drain the water (can be used as a tonic, ice base), lay the herbs themselves on the surface. After 15 minutes, remove the slurry.
If you still do not trust the rejuvenating power of herbs, we recommend that you study the information on pharmaceutical products for the face, perhaps the methods of traditional medicine are more suitable for you.
The plant is rich in antioxidants and biologically active substances that smooth out wrinkles and remove age spots. Sage decoction slows down the aging process, tones, softens and refreshes the skin, regulates the function of the sebaceous glands. In addition, the plant helps get rid of acne, pimples and rosacea - the dilated capillaries on the face. The herb is suitable for any type of healthy or problem skin.
Methods of preparation and use:
- Decoction for washing. Pour 1, 5 tsp. sage 1 cup boiling water, then simmer the mixture in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. Filter the liquid, cool. In the morning, after cleansing the skin, wash your face with a decoction.
- Massage mixture. Mix 5 ml of base oil and 2 drops of sage essential oil. Apply active smoothies to the skin from the center of the forehead to the temple, from the chin and wings of the nose to the ears, and then counterclockwise around the eyelids. Tap on the same lines, tap, press.
- Cosmetic ice for toning. Pour 7 g of sage and 1 g of chamomile flowers in 120 ml of hot water (non-boiling water). Infuse the product in a closed container for 1 hour. Add 3 drops of sage essential oil. Stir, filter. Pour into molds, send to freezer. Wipe your face with an ice cube along the lymphatic flow lines in the morning and evening.
This is what you need to know when rejuvenating with herbs!
- Some herbs are allergens. Perform a test before using a cosmetic product.
- For cosmetic purposes, use plants purchased at a pharmacy (quality guaranteed) or collected in a proven, environmentally friendly place.
- Study the characteristics and properties of each component, they should be used to solve the problem according to the type of surface.
- Make decoctions for up to 3 days, store mashed mixes for up to 2 days.
- In order to achieve a greater effect, do not forget to include anti-aging foods in the daily diet, perform massages and facial exercises.
- The main wash of the face after an energy massage contributes to the rapid saturation of the cells with nutrients, activating the processes, including the production of collagen and elastin fibers.
- Cosmetic herbal ice effectively hydrates and nourishes epithelial cells. Learn more about ice wonder recipes here.
This anti-aging herb is used in Ayurveda, an Indian folk medicine. Dried roots and stems in loose powder or extract capsules are suitable for rejuvenation. When swallowed, guduchi removes toxins, heals the liver, strengthens the immune system, improves metabolism - metabolism. When applied externally, it relieves acne, tones and soothes the skin.
- Cucumber face mask - useful properties and step by step recipes for home cooking with a photo
- Echinacea purpurea
- Herbs to increase potency in men
The Guduchi powder in the capsules is sold in Ayurvedic stores. The second name of the plant is giloy. Take as directed, usually 1 tablet (0. 5-1 g) twice a day with warm water, honey or ghee. The capsule powder is added to masks and exfoliators, but ingestion is preferred.
Beneficial effects of cucumber on the skin
Cucumber is a natural nourishing, vitamin-rich facial serum. Due to its high water content, cucumber is a natural absorbent, moisturizer and a storehouse of vitamins (B1, B2, ascorbic acid, K, iodine, sulfur). That is why this high-performance ingredient is used in cosmetology. Beneficial effects of cucumber on the skin:
- has a rejuvenating and regenerating effect;
- improves turgor;
- positively influences metabolic processes;
- removes dark circles under the eyes;
- relieves bloating;
- eliminates age spots.
If you need to remove dark circles around your eyes, remove age spots, cheer up or refresh, use a cucumber on your face in the form of slices or rings. If the skin of the face is threatened by dehydration, the grated cucumber or cucumber juice, oatmeal, cottage cheese-based mask will always help.
How to get rid of the first mimic wrinkles with cosmetics
The market for cosmetics in the modern world is full of a wide variety of names, the most common of which are: creams, oils, gels, masks, serums and balms. Each has its own mechanism of action. In total, three major groups can be distinguished:
- Hyaluronic acid-based formulations are primarily used to hydrate and prevent wrinkles. The molecules of such products are so large that they are unable to penetrate deep into the dermis, but hydrate well and protect them from dehydration.
- Products containing collagen and elastin are great for rejuvenation.
- Peptide-containing products consist mainly of molecules of peptide-bound amino acids. Each has its own structure. In everyday life, they are called "targeted signal peptides" because they can inhibit the transmission of nerve impulses to the facial muscles, initiate the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, collagen, etc. The use of such agents causes the muscles to relax completely.
How do folk remedies work?
Let’s look at how folk remedies used to treat mimic wrinkles work. Main operation:
- Moisturizing. Moisture loss and excessive dryness are one of the main causes of wrinkles. Natural oils, dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits have a moisturizing effect.
- Nutrition. Additional intake of vitamins, minerals and amino acids keeps skin healthy. Oils, fruits, berries, greens, egg yolks are nourishing.
- Lifting effect. Over time, the skin not only wrinkles but also sags. It is recommended to use egg white, starch and gelatin to tighten the skin by folk methods.
- Remove the swelling. Edema often develops under the eyes, and masks made with raw potatoes and parsley are recommended to eliminate them.
Remove wrinkles around the lips
Vertical wrinkles around the mouth usually appear later than other mimic wrinkles. But they make the face older. Best of all, don’t wait for wrinkles to appear, but start making masks proactively.
- With pumpkin seeds.The raw pumpkin seeds should be cleaned and ground in a blender until smooth. To a tablespoon of crushed seeds take 10 ml of castor oil and almond oil. Rub everything. Apply a thick layer around the lips for half an hour.
- Starch.You will need dry potato or corn starch. A tablespoon of this product should be mixed with vegetable oil. It is preferable to buy flaxseed, but you can also use any unrefined one. To make it easier to mix the starch and oil, pour in literally, mix well. The result should be a thick mixture of toothpaste. Apply the prepared "paste" around the lips for half an hour.
- With sauerkraut.Grind the cabbage in a blender until a homogeneous puree is obtained. Add a teaspoon of unrefined vegetable oil to a tablespoon of cabbage puree. Spread the resulting mass on the problem area for twenty minutes.
- With peas.Two types of masks are made from peas. Dry peas are used for the first option and fresh or freshly frozen green peas for the second. The first version of the mask is made as follows: the dry peas are ground to a floury state in a coffee grinder. Pour a spoonful of product with a small amount of hot milk to get a thick mass. Add 5 ml of cosmetic oil (any) to the cooled mass. Apply the mixture for a quarter of an hour. The second version of the mask is even easier to make. Puree the fresh peas and mix them with thick sour cream in a 1: 1 ratio. If a fresh-frozen product is used, it must be allowed to thaw. Canned green peas should not be used to make a rejuvenating mask.
- Apple.Fresh apples are used to make this preparation. It should be peeled and grated on a fine grater. On a tablespoon of apple sauce take a teaspoon of liquid honey, grind. Apply for twenty minutes.
- Aludttej.You need fresh cottage cheese for this composition, ideally homemade. Mix a tablespoon of cottage cheese with a tablespoon of freshly prepared carrot juice. If the cottage cheese was dry and the mass proved to be thick, add a little kefir or sour cream. Apply the mixture on the skin around the lips for thirty minutes.
Contents of the preparation: 1 tbsp. one tablespoon of natural yogurt, 2 teaspoons of crushed banana, half a teaspoon of honey or olive oil.
Mix all ingredients into a homogeneous mass and apply on face for 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask with a cosmetic wipe and rinse the residue with water.
With chickpea flour
You will need: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of chickpea flour, 100 g of water, 1 tbsp. one tablespoon olive oil, half a teaspoon oily vitamin E solution, 1 yolk.
How Beauty Salons Offer Relieving Mimic Wrinkles
Modern cosmetology pampers us with innovative techniques. Some anti-aging methods can be found in almost every salon. The most common are listed below:
Laser surface renovation.
The object of the effect is not the eye and the area around them, but the area of the cheekbone directly. All manipulations are performed along their line. And yet, grinding is considered the best of all available methods. But this operation has one global drawback: unfortunately, it severely damages the skin. For a quality result, this procedure should be performed in a good salon on reliable equipment. From the above, it can be concluded that such grinding is not worth considering as the best solution.
also performed along the cheekbone. True, there is a caveat: this operation is completely custom. And this can only be done by a qualified professional.
It stimulates cells to regenerate faster by exposing them to pulsating light. Both collagen and elastin begin to be produced more productively. The effectiveness is obvious - the tone is evened out, the wrinkles are smoothed out.
The basis of this procedure is the subcutaneous delivery of hyaluronic acid products, which allows the wrinkles to get rid of and helps to forget about their existence for a while.
One thing unites all the proposed methods - visible results in a short time. But each has its own strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps their main disadvantage is their high cost. And because an entire course is needed, such rejuvenation can have a big impact on your family budget.
Reasons for appearance
The face is the most exposed part of the body, which is why the skin in this area is exposed to negative effects on a daily basis. Therefore, even in people who are restrained in the expression of emotions, the appearance of mimic wrinkles is inevitable. Initially, an inconspicuous mesh appears, then the wrinkles deepen.
The causes of mimic wrinkles can be divided into internal and external causes. Tointernal factorsattributable to:
- Physiological aging. This process is natural and inevitable.
- Activefacial expressions. This factor is controllable. Of course, it’s impossible not to use facial expressions at all, but you have to learn the habit of frowning or closing your eyes.
- Sharp weight loss.It is advisable to control your weight and try to avoid sudden weight gain.
- Bad habits. It is well known that smokers develop wrinkles earlier.
- Effectenvironment. Several factors negatively affect the condition of the skin - wind, poor water quality, polluted and too dry air, frost, ultraviolet.
- Climate characteristics. If you live in a place that is too hot or too cold, there is an increased risk of premature wrinkling.
To reduce the negative effects of external factors, you should try to protect your skin. Use creams with an ultraviolet filter to protect your skin from frost and wind.
Fish oil - a natural nourishment for the facial skin
Fish oil is an essential folk remedy. It improves the appearance and enriches it with a complete set of vitamins rich in fish oil. It is used not only to make masks, but also for internal use, thanks to which all toxins and toxins that cause acne are eliminated from the body. Fish oil for face and benefits:
- suitable for all skin types;
- ideal component for young girls and women;
- effectively smoothes wrinkles;
- nourishes the skin of the face;
- helps improve appearance;
- normalizes hormone levels and metabolic processes;
A popular mask recipe is made on the basis of capsular fish oil, it is enough to arm it with a syringe and completely pull out the contents of the capsule, then apply a thin layer of fat to the problem areas (forehead, chin). , eyes).
How to fight wrinkles differently: effective ways to get rid of and smooth the facial skin
It is used not only as an ingredient in various cosmetics, but also for washing. Of course, this applies to natural village milk, not powder. Dilute the milk in equal proportions with hot water and wash your face. Then remove excess fluid from the face and apply a nourishing cream. This procedure should be performed at night.
In addition to creams, masks and erasers, use various herbal infusions and decoctions (chamomile, parsley, bay leaf). You can also make ice from these decoctions and wipe your face with it.
It is not enough to use only external means to fight wrinkles. Healthy and youthful skin depends on many factors.
- Drink enough water (at least two liters a day). As we said, skin aging starts when you start to lose moisture. But moisture is needed not only by the skin but also by all internal organs. Moreover, if there is not enough fluid in the kidneys, liver, heart, etc. - to objects that are more important to the body - it takes this fluid primarily from the skin. That’s why we repeat: drink more fluids, have enough for everyone, don’t force your body to choose who needs it more.
- Eat right. Your diet should be balanced.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep mainly affects the face. Sleep in a cool room with fresh air.
- Smoking and alcohol also age faster.
- Be more outdoors, live an active lifestyle (remember to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun, wind, heat and frost).
All of these simple rules will help keep your skin young for a long time.